YES…We are OPEN and sanitizing! It has been proven that Increased Temperature, Sunlight & Fresh Air Impede virus transmission, so feel safe in moving your activities outdoors to our 36 hole Golf Courses!
•Discover the outdoors, Sun, Fresh-Air and Plenty of space for 6′ Social Distancing!
Golfing: The Best Social Distancing Sport Amid The COVID-19 Crisis
Most “sports” have shut down entirely during this time of change. One exception to this rule is in the sport of golf. And, what a great way to get outdoors, away from people, and destress from the pending doom!
Here is What You Must Know About Playing Mini Golf At Golf Mountain during the Coronavirus Pandemic:
“Governor Asa Hutchinson issued an official Executive Order yesterday requiring the use of a face mask, citing the rising number of cases and input from healthcare workers, legislators and others who said it is necessary to address the spread of COVID-19. He directed the state Department of Health (ADH) to issue the requirement for Arkansans to wear masks in public places starting Monday, July 20. (So please wear a mask from your car to check-in and you may remove it when you reach the first hole. Please remain 6’ apart from the one another throughout the all 36 holes. Please return the mask to your face upon exit.)
“I have listened to doctors and nurses who are on the front line in this fight against COVID-19, and they ask the public to do more,” said Governor Hutchinson. “I’ve heard from legislators that have a lot of different views. But many of them simply say, ‘I don’t like it, but whatever it takes, let’s get through this and give us the best chance for normal activities in the future.'”
QUICK SUMMARY OF STATEWIDE MANDATE
“Masks will be required in indoor and outdoor settings where exposed to non-household members and social distancing of six feet or more is not assured.”
- So, wear a mask from your car to check in, and you may remove your mask while outdoors, playing mini golf while social distancing of 6’ or more is achieved.
Executive Orders of the Governor have the force and effect of law. First-time violators will receive a written warning, and those under 18 years of age will “only receive” a verbal or written warning. A written violation is a misdemeanor offense, and punishable by a fine of not less than $100 nor more than $500.
The following were the cited exemptions to wearing a mask. (that apply at Golf Mountain)
- Younger than 10 years of age.
- With a medical condition or disability that prevents wearing a face covering.
- Participating in athletic activities where a six-feet distance is not achievable, but a mask in inhibitory to the activity.
- Consuming food or drink.
- Driving alone or with passengers from the driver’s household.
- Receiving services that require access to the face for security, surveillance, or other purposes may temporarily remove a face covering while receiving those services.
- Voting, assisting voters, serving as poll watchers, or actively performing election administration duties; however, face coverings are strongly encouraged.
- Engaged in religious worship activities; however, face coverings are strongly encouraged.
- Giving a speech or performance for broadcast or to an audience because those persons shall safely distance from nearby individuals.
- In counties where the Department of Health has certified that risk of community transmission of Covid-19 is low.
We have been doing everything possible to make the game safe for our players. “Sanitizing takes time, but we are used to it by now and it’s our new norm!” It’s taken some getting used to by the players, but we’re making it work. We will be doing walk-thru’s on the course to ensure social distancing.”
Golf is the one sport where social distancing is relatively easy to follow. Think about this number — 36 holes–even the smallest greens on 3 acres. With those numbers, it’s easy to maintain distance even in playing with people from the same household. For social distancing, mini golf’s the best sport there is! It’s easy to spread out on 3 acres!
How are Golf Courses Providing the Best Social Distancing & Safety Experience for Golfers? –
A significant number of actions are being taken to ensure the safety of golfers as they visit our mini golf courses. These include but are not limited to:
- providing info about best practices during visits
- closely monitoring the facility throughout the day
- minimizing the touch of golfing equipment
- removed flagsticks to minimize exposure and touching
- sanitizing areas of high traffic & high touch areas more thoroughly
- providing sanitation stations at check-in and check-out
- ensuring take-out snacks only and single-serve beverages
- our courses are following local, state, and federal coronavirus guidelines
- we will be doing walk-thru’s on the course to ensure social distancing.”
Please, stay home if you are unwell, wash your hands consistently, use hand sanitizer when needed, place yourself a safe distance from others.
On your healthiest days, take the time to destress and enjoy the sunshine and fresh air at a safe distance from all! Now is the ideal time to practice and improve your short game!
Thank you for following the rules to get through this safely,
–The Team at Golf Mountain
“Getting Outside with safe distancing with ventilation of the air dilutes viruses that UV light from the sun degrades the viruses. Being outside is a good thing, as long as people are not crowded together or in close contact with each other.”
Dr. Nathanial Smith, ADH
March 22, 2020
Golf The Ideal Solution for Clean, Outdoor / Open-Air Competitive Family Fun!
YES! We Are Open…and asking everyone to observe social distancing…
Golf Mountain Mini Golf wants all of our loyal customers to know that we recognize these interesting times and how it affects all of us. We have implemented preventative measures for protecting our players from exposure.
We hope that if you are planning to get outdoors for a “breath of fresh-air” and physical activity, you know that we are working to do all we can to keep you, our employees and surrounding areas safe. We do feel like we are in a little better shape, being an outdoor, open-air business.
Featuring two professionally-designed 18-hole courses. So…All 36 holes are all different– with sudden dips, bumps, and inclines to keep you on your toes! Outdoor music, laughter, and streams of blue water cascading over rock waterfalls will transport you to a summertime paradise! With a covered outdoor pavilion, Wi-Fi, and snack bar, Golf Mountain is your one-stop-shop for outdoor fun all year!